Salary: $11.00 to $13.00 /hour
JOB DUTIES: Our flaggers reports directly to the traffic control supervisor on-site. Typical requirements of the position include the following:
- Standing and safely managing traffic flow through an active work zone while holding a stop/slow paddle and using radio communication.
- Install, load, and unload temporary work zone equipment such as warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc.
- Keep company vehicle clean and organized.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as directed while adhering to high professional and safety standards.
- Pay is based off experience, qualifications, and education
- AETNA Heathcare Benefits Package
- We offer full time positions and competitive wages
- Paid on-the-job training, including ATSSA Flagger Certification Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Education: Successful completion of our four hour Flagger Certification Course
- Drug Test: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Background Check: Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Driver’s License: Not required
- Training: Must pass our ITRE training program and CPR Training
- Experience: None required
- Availability: Flexible availability to include overtime and weekends, and holidays
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Traffic control work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and snow. Employees may be exposed to gravel dust, changing temperatures, etc.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds while loading trucks and setting up and tearing down work zones.
- Have good hand/eye coordination.