Ridgeway, SC 29130
Salary: $12.50 to $15.00 /hour
Bird Dog Traffic Control is seeking hard-working individuals to join an expanding and industry-leading team. We are a group of dedicated professionals who consistently provide exemplary service to our clients while upholding the highest safety standards.
JOB DUTIES: * Typical requirements of the position include the following:
- Supervise Traffic Control Crews: Track equipment and labor, provide hands-on assistance when needed, conduct daily meetings with flagger/installer crew
- Act as Flagger/Installer When Needed: Stand and safely managing traffic flow through an active work zone while holding a stop/slow paddle and using radio communication. Install, load, and unload temporary work zone equipment such as warning signs, traffic cones, barrels, etc.
- Maintain Safety Standards: Ensure that all work is completed in a safe and secure manner and comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety requirement.
- Perform other duties as directed while adhering to high professional and safety standards
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Pay is based off experience, qualifications, and education
- AETNA Health Benefits Package
- We offer full time positions and competitive wages
- Paid on-the-job training, including ATSSA Flagger Certification Training
- Advancement opportunities
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: One year of construction or traffic experience
- Drug Test: Must pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Background Check: Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid driver’s license and maintain an acceptable driving record by complying with standards established by our company policy.
- Training: Must pass our ITRE training program and CPR Training
- Availability: Flexible availability to include overtime and weekends, and holidays
- Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Traffic control work environments will vary making it necessary to tolerate weather conditions, such as rain and snow. Employees may be exposed to gravel dust, changing temperatures, etc.
- Have the ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds while loading trucks and setting up and tearing down work zones.
- Have good hand/eye coordination